Thursday, June 26, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday: June 25

Welcome to another edition of What I Ate Wednesday!!!  Yesterday was a yummy day of food!  

I started the day by enjoying a Blueberry Cornmeal muffin before my workout.  After my workout I made myself a nice bowl of oatmeal with egg whites and stirred in some wild blueberries....SO GOOD!!!  I paired my oatmeal with an iced coffee!  Caffeine, check!!

  


  
I took a break mid-morning to have a snack.  As of late, this mid-morning snack has been the same, my Chocolate-Peanut Butter Green Smoothie.  You know what they say, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.  I seriously think I could have this every day and never get tired of this smoothie.  It's soooo gooood!!!



I tried something different for lunch today.  I made a little pizza from an Ezekiel tortilla.  I had made some "Vitamix tomato sauce' over the weekend (ie throw everything in the Vitamix, then put on the stove to simmer) over the weekend, so I need to use up the extra (I will post my recipe to the sauce in the coming days!).  I topped the pizza with a cut up turkey sausage, some yellow grape tomatoes and 1/2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.  Once it was done from the oven, I topped it with fresh arugula.  Seriously delicious -- so much so, I plan on having the same thing for lunch today!  I also enjoyed a side of cut up veggies (red pepper and cucumber) and an unsweetened iced tea. 




For my afternoon snack, I had some turkey slices, 1 turkey muffin, and some cut up veggies.



Dinner was grill-a-licious 'surf & turf'!!!   I made grilled balsamic broccoli, half a striploin steak, and a few skewers of grilled shrimp.  I added in some yellow grape tomatoes for added colour!  It only took minutes to grill everything to perfection!  The perfect summer dinner! Yum Yum Yum!!!


Hope you enjoyed a wonderful day of good eats as well!!







No comments:

Post a Comment