Thursday, June 5, 2014

What I Ate Wednesdays: June 4!

So I think I'm going to start a new weekly entry called 'What I ate Wednesdays".  Hoping to help y'all with some tasty meal ideas.  So here it goes!!!  Below is what I ate yesterday, on Wednesday June 4th.

Breakfast: Rolled oats (1/3 cup dry, prepared with 1 cup water), 1/4 cup egg whites (added to the oatmeal at the last minute) and 1 cup of raspberries (frozen, but thawed in the microwave for 45 seconds).


Morning snack: Chocolate-Peanut Butter Green Smoothie!  Looks gross, tastes awesome!  I used 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 2 tbsp Hemp Pro 50, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup almond milk, 100g spinach, 50 g kale, 6-7 ice cubes.  Blended in the Vitamix until smooth!


Lunch: Quinoa salad with shrimp and a side of red peppers!  I will be posting the recipe for this quinoa salad in the coming days -- it is loaded with veggies and tastes even better a few days after you make it!


Afternoon snack: Iced coffee made with 1/3 cup Silk True Coconut milk (unsweetened), 1 tsp coconut sugar and two shots of espresso.  Served with 1 cup Neal Brothers Cheese Puffs, 3/4 cup (4.5 oz) grape tomatoes and 78 g of oven-roasted turkey breast.


Dinner:  One of my new faves -- quick and easy to prepare and super delicious.  Ezekiel wrap, topped with fresh organic arugula and two chicken sausages, chopped.  The chicken sausages are from Fortinos (a grocery store here in Ontario).


So how did this day stack up?  Pretty good I think! It totaled out at 1528 calories with overall macros at 38% carbs, 39% protein, and 23% fat.

Hope you all ate well yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment