Thursday, June 19, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday: June 18

It's another edition of What I Ate Wednesday!!  

I was super hungry yesterday.  We are doing some killer workouts this week, so I needed to fuel my day accordingly!

I started out with oatmeal with egg whites.  Yes, you read that correctly -- I cook oats on the stove and at the last minute stir in 1/4 c of egg whites.  It gives it a nice, creamy texture.  I pour the oats over some thawed frozen raspberries and stir in 1 tsp of coconut sugar.  This is such a yummy, filling breakfast!


I had two morning snacks yesterday.  My first snack was one of my Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins along with my iced coffee.  I need my coffee -- it keeps me sane :)



My second morning snack was my lean, green Choc-PB smoothie!  I am in love with this smoothie -- it tastes like a chocolate-peanut butter cup -- just too good to be so good for you.  And to think there are about 8 cups of green in this bad-boy!  Oh yah -- love the greens!



Lunch was some leftover turkey sausage, fresh red peppers, mini dill pickles and some left over potato salad with avocado dressing


My afternoon snack was my turkey muffins with a side of grape tomatoes and cucumbers.


I was over at my mom's for dinner.  I made crispy chicken thighs (I didn't eat the skin) and a side of grilled broccoli.  What's that you say, grilled broccoli?  Why yes, it is AMAZING!  You have to try it!

Not shown is some mashed potatoes.  I had made them at the request of my niece -- I wasn't going to have any, but I gave in and enjoyed a few bites.  They were yummm!!!


Hope you all enjoyed a great Wednesday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment