Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pumpkin-Spice Muffins

It's been a cooler than usual summer around here, which makes me think of fall.  And when you think about fall, who can't think about pumpkin!!!  So, I decided to make up a new pumpkin recipe -- pumpkin-spice muffins!  These are so good -- they are dense and moist -- a great treat for the sweet tooth, but with no refined sugar, they are good for you too!!!  Hope you enjoy them as much as I do -- I've been snacking on them daily since I made them!


This is one of my super easy, pour everything into the Vitamix recipes!  I used canned pure pumpkin for this recipe.  You can probably swap it out for sweet potato too, which would also be extremely tasty!


So here is what I did:  To the Vitamix beaker, I added 1 can of pure pumpkin puree (398 mL can), 2 cups of regular rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind), 1 egg, 1 cup of egg whites, 1/2 cup of almond milk, 2 bananas, 1 tbsp vanilla, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp coconut flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1-1/2 tsp baking powder, 1.5 tbsp pumpkin pie spice.  Blend it together until smooth (it's rather thick, so you will have to use the plunger to ensure it is mixed well.  Pour the batter into a large bowl and whisk in 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder.  



Use a 1/4c ice cream scoop to portion into muffin tins.  I line my muffin tins with papers and spray them lightly with oil.  Pop them into a 350F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Let them cool and enjoy!!!  Recipe makes about 21 muffins.

Here is the nutritional info:






No comments:

Post a Comment