Monday, May 12, 2014

PB-Banana-Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites


I was over at my mom's this weekend and she had a banana that had seen better days.  I thought it would make a nice addition to the cookies I had made a few weeks back and add a nice natural sweetness.


These cookies are so easy to make!  They take just minutes and make just over a dozen -- the perfect amount!  Here is what I did:

First I added 3/4 cup of gluten free oats and 1/4 tsp baking soda to my Vitamix and blended them until they were a 'flour' consistency.  Then I added 1 medium ripe banana, 1 egg, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil (I am pretty sure this can be left out, but I haven't tried that yet), 2 tbsp Hemp Pro 50 protein powder and a tsp of pure vanilla extract and blended until smooth.  I took the mixture out of the blender and put it in a bowl and added an additional 1/4 cup of rolled oats and 2 tbsp of chocolate chips.  Mix until just combined.


I used a mini-scoop to portion out the cookies, which I baked on parchment paper.  Place the cookies in a 350F oven for 12-15 minutes.  Let them cool and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment