Thursday, May 29, 2014

Herbed-Shrimp and Avocado Wraps

I'm always looking for new lunch ideas.  I whipped this up yesterday and I think it is a strong contender to be my new favourite lunch!  This recipe makes enough filling for two generous size wraps/sandwiches, but I was so hungry after a triple-morning workout that I ate it all -- half in a wrap and the rest on the side!



It was super easy to make!  First I chopped up some cooked shrimp and added it to a bowl.


Then I chopped up some fresh herbs from my garden.  I used parsley, tarragon, and basil -- feel free to use whatever you have on hand.


I then added the chopped herbs to the shrimp along with some diced celery, avocado and dijon mustard.



I mixed it up and added a little salt & pepper to taste.  I then put half of the mixture into an Ezekiel wrap and enjoyed it with a side of grape tomatoes.  A fabulous, quick lunch that I will definitely be having again soon -- maybe even today!!



Enjoy!!

Herbed-Shrimp and Avocado Wrap

150 g peeled, deveined and cooked shrimp, chopped
100 g celery, diced
1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (I used a mix of parsley, basil and tarragon)
1/8 large avocado
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine.  Serve over a wrap, or on a toasted bun.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment